Hello everyone!
So as I'm sure you can all see, I missed last Sunday's Blog post - and I apologize for that. Between a series of small, real life issues and losing my gold card for a few days (woops!) I was off-world for the beginning of the week. Not Cool.
Fortunately, I was able to get in the game, and back to Calypso, with 15 minutes to spare before the show.
Whew. I almost pissed a lot of people off.
Now that we're past the "Find Faucon's Gold Card" hurdle, we can move on to some bigger and more important things.
Before I go to much further, I also wanted to make a note of something: I took a look back at my last few "update" posts and I realize they're not quite at the standard that I would like them to be at, so I'm going to be taking my time with this and looking at what content I can bring you in these posts. I want to be as informative as possible in all of my posts, and I want the "Wednesday" posts to be useful and informative to everyone, not just a select group of people, such as those tuning into my show or those who are involved with what we're doing on world. So, this blog will be much longer than my last several update posts, and I hope that it gives you a much better snapshot of the universe.
Let's start with some updates for the universe, and then I'll move on to The Project itself.
The News
- For those of you who aren't familiar, Halloween mayhem is back and starts on the 31st. It's a great opportunity for olderplayers to get out and have a little fun, and for mentors to bring their newer players on a more high-stakes hunt. It's definitely fun - so if you've never participated in any of the "mayhem" events, the halloween one is set to be fun - and the design of the area doesn't look too bad either.
- We haven't seen too much come down from mindArk recently, or the planet partners. I can't help but wonder if this means we're going to start seeing a couple bug-squishing VUs soon - but I suppose only time will tell.
- As for the in-world observations, I am please to see a lot more yellow jumpsuits roving around... I really think we're beginning to see an increase in the player base. Of course it isn't much, but it's definitely something, and something is better than the nothing we started with. I am also seeing several societies beginning to buy sweat at a higher price, and that's really something I'm excited about. Some individuals (I will not name names unless asked to) have already bout over 30k of sweat at elevated prices (I am quickly approaching the 200k mark myself) which means lots of exrta money in new player's hands.
It may just be me, but maybe, just maybe, this is why I'm seeing more and more people on world on a day to day basis.
If it is, then I'm sure happy that what we're doing is beginning to pay off.
The Society
The Entropia Revival Project has, as most of you know by now, moving and growing at an alarming rate. To be completely honest, I have had a hard time keeping up. I'm doing my best, but... man. When I started this thing, I had the intention of keeping a good pace to keep myself from moving too fast. Now, I feel like my pace is actually holding in the growth that is ready to explode out of what just started as a blog. It's humbling to see so many people as passionate about this plan as I am.
Fortunately I have been able to accomplish a lot while I was off world, so let's get right into the announcements!
- Our sweat campaign has taken on a bit more structure. In light of so many individuals wanting to get a piece of the action, I have opted to set some limits until we become a little more profitable. These limits serve (more than anything) to ensure that everyone gets a fair cut. So, from now on, I will only be doing sweat purchases during my show on Wednesday. This will also be limited to 2k / person. In addition to that, I am also taking all the sweat I buy that night and giving it away in a new nightly "Guess who?" contest, where everyone hanging out during the party has to guess the band and name of the song currently playing. This week, our winner was "Terra" who won 16k of sweat. I think these limits gave everyone a much fairer chance to get a piece of the action, and some other an opportunity to win a little bit more.
- The radio show also had another giveaway of two L pistols in nearly perfect condition sponsored by No Remorse, who I would like to personally thank for giving us the chance to do two giveaways.
- We have begun offering advertisements on the blog and on the radio show. We are giving societies (and really, anyone who offers a product or service in EU, including shop owners and land owners) the opportunity to get some good exposure on a blog that has a lot of quality traffic. All of the income made from these sales will be put towards the purchase of a shop on Calypso - which in turn will be used to fund a planned expansion of our sweat initiative!
- We have several mentors in our society now and are offering mentoring services. Although this seems like a small thing, it's really something I have been looking forward to announcing for quite some time.
Recap of "The Project" Radio Show
We had a great turnout this week - and as I have already mentioned, we got into a good "groove" last night with our plans for giveaways on the show. Our winner, Terra, even got to post for a few pictures with us (more on that below).
With over 20 people hanging out and a lot of return listeners I was overjoyed to have such a good night. As always, a big "thank you" goes out to Atlas Haven Radio for all of their support for what we're doing.
Check out some of the pictures from last night ( a big thank you to our Division Manager Rebel for all of these shots), and catch up with us on Sunday. I've had two weeks to work on the upcoming post, so I'm really looking forward to releasing it... I have some very interesting math to share with everyone that I believe all of you will find useful to your day-to-day life on Calypso.
Good Luck Out There,
Faucon
We were setting off fireworks all night!
One of our mentors, Rogue, Rocking out
At this point we had over 20 people hanging out.
Just another shot of the action!
Several newer player came to sell sweat.
and of course the winner of this week's contest!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment to be entered into my raffle. You could win a space-ready Sleipnir and 20k of Sweat!