The Back and Forth



Good day everyone,

As promised, I wanted to take a moment and write up a longer blog here today to talk about the Entropia Revival Project, where I've been and why I've been on and off of this project.


Let's start at the beginning and talk about the Project itself.

ERP has been a dream of mine for a few years now, and something I truly want to make a reality. I have a belief that a lot of you avatars out there really love Entropia - and many of you call one of the planets home. I know that I often call Calypso my home. ERP is a lofty goal, and one that requires a lot of invested time, man power and money invested. Of which, I always seem to be short on one of the three. As to which one it is, well - that's a roulette that changes its probabilities with the times.

It's because of these shortages that I've been back and forth on working on this project at all. I see the outline of it very clearly in my head, but I'm frequently restricted on my ability to dump the effort into it that I want to. In the end, this ultimately drives me to step away from it altogether.

So far, that's happened twice now. The more I think about it, though - the more I realize that I just need to pace myself. I can't burn my jets at 100% all the time. Sometimes I just need to lay off the gas a little and work on smaller projects. So, I got myself back on Calypso and started to tread through the waters of what I left behind on this project.

The first thing I took a look at was my Society and the people.

Our society is still in place, but it's quiet. A lot of the people in my inner circle are close personal friends of mine who share the ERP dream - however, without a leader they had no direction to walk in. So, when I stepped away, they did too. Fortunately, on this front I have nothing to worry about. I'll drag them back around. The sunny side to this end to this is that, because none of them left the society, it yet lives on. I'm going to take full advantage of this.

I logged onto the email account and this blog for the first time in almost a year, and I'm realizing that, really, I worried a lot of people. I received several emails from worried Calypsians when I stopped showing up on world, and I sincerely apologize for that. As I made mention of in my last blog, I had a lot of things happen at once. I got a major promotion at work, took on a brand new team and was fortunate enough to have an incredible woman walk into my life. Generally, I had very little time to myself. However, things are calming down now and the itch to sink my teeth into this investment has come back stronger than ever.

I also want to make mention of something very important and something that I have been questioned on before. A lot of people have asked me "Did you just make your money and bail?" and to that, my answer is: "pfffffffttthahahahahaha". I lost a lot of investment money when I stepped away from ERP. My initial plan was to reinvest in the community while I built the ERP brand and business. This will one day be my plan again, but the problem is that I never got past that phase. So, everything I "put back into the community" was essentially given away.

For those who may not realize it, that was nearly a thousand USD worth. But, this doesn't bother me. I think I did the community at least some good in that process, and to me that's all that matters.

Next, the blog and its current state.

As I look through the blog and take stock of what's here, I realize how disorganized my thoughts were. I have a lot of attempts to get the ball rolling, but very few of them ever got fleshed out. So, before I do too much else on world and before I dig back into investing in the community, I need to fix this site and fix the way I communicate with everyone.

The people following this project deserve to have a strong understanding of what they're following and I don't want to let them down. So, I'm going to really flesh out the pages that explain the project, and I'm going to get the social media ball really rolling so that you all have something to follow.

You can expect me to be rolling on these ends within the next day or two. To me the twitter account will be vital, as I can give you up-to-the-minute news. For those regularly on world, I believe this will really be helpful. I'm also going to be getting involved with a lot of other Entropia sites to bring them up to date - it's time we re-invigorate the online presence of Entropia.

I also realize that a lot of the images that once populate the blog posts here are gone. I'm going to be filling them with ERP images and stock photos for now, with the intention of correcting them as time goes on - but I might not be able to recover the original pictures I took. If I can't so be it - we'll just have to move forward and leave the past in the past. Ultimately, I'm most concerned with cleaning up the blog's content first. Aesthetics are just a bonus.

Finally, The Broad Perspective

Generally Speaking, my plan right now is to:
  1. Flesh out this page and get the social media situation solid.
  2. Build out the full scope of the plan on paper from start to finish and create some job descriptions for my team.
  3. Get the team back together, set some schedules and begin regular working hours in game
  4. Start helping out 3rd party sites and building relationships
  5. Get some business going, begin to reinvest into the community
  6. settle into a solid process of profit and community involvement
Of these, 2 and 3 are going to take the longest and will require the most love. I'm not worried though - this time, I really plan to take it slow. I've learned my lesson about burning too hot too early. Of course, I will be documenting everything here as I go, and writing on a lot of other things as well.

Thank you all for understanding - I aim to prove that we're going to make this a reality. The next few blog posts I write are going to be more "back to business" posts. Now that this post is out of the way, I'm not going to hang onto the past anymore. Time to get back into the swing.

Stick around for the fun, and as always,

Good Luck Out There.
-Faucon



3 comments:

  1. I like that someone is making an effort to make the new player experience better. I have been preaching since I started this game a year ago, that is that the main draw and appeal of EU is the RCE. To say it's just a game is like saying money is just paper and numbers while that may be true it's a little more complex than that. The survival of this universe is dependant on the players and not entirely up to Mindark. The sooner we start to realize that the better the economy will. The changes made in game are at the players request even if everyone doesn't agree with them, majority rules in game and in real life thank you for all your efforts and am looking forward to how this unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I genuinely appreciate your comment, thank you.
      The level of responsibility that players have in EU is really incredible, and something that a lot of people don't really understand.

      One of the most difficult things to overcome is the poor way that the RCE is represented in advertising be MindArk. We get a lot of new players who don't have a handle on what they're getting themselves into, and that's why it's so important to get the word out there ourselves. Player responsibility extends beyond the obvious into the realm of information and disclosure.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate the fast response and your absolutely right. I am really curious to see how Mindark responds. I will be keeping up with your efforts and it's great to finally see someone that generally cares and is making an effort to change people's minds and habits. I bought one gun from the tt when I first started and never went back except for ammo and probes. I love to go shopping in the malls but haven't visited them lately because it is incredibly time consuming. It would be awesome to get shop owners together and create a reliable inventory directory. Maybe someone is working on that now anyways good luck and hope to see you succeed.

    ReplyDelete

Comment to be entered into my raffle. You could win a space-ready Sleipnir and 20k of Sweat!