Observations



Hello everyone!

I am happy to say that I have had a very busy week working on ERP. We have been moving in a lot of very big ways, and although nothing is final yet, you can be prepared for a lot of really big changes coming down the pipeline. So in this blog, I want to focus on covering what we've done so far, what's coming up next and finish off with some other observations of mine that I think are worth writing down.

First, let's talk about current progress.


I have received an overwhelmingly positive response about the return of ERP, and this has really driven me to work hard on the project. This week I've been focusing on getting everything set back up technologically speaking and this has been a project all by itself. So far, we have:

  • Restarted the Facebook Page and made our first few posts (and gotten our first few likes)
  • Begun to set up the office for ERP (yep, we still have the office!)
  • Cleaned up the blog and fixed a lot of broken images
  • updated a lot of the content on the blog
  • made our first two posts on the blog and several on the Facebook page. 
and perhaps most importantly we've started branching out into a lot of ventures. I'm building on everything that was set up before and beginning to reach out to existing EU organizations and set up partnerships. Although nothing is final yet, you can be sure to see a lot more of ERP very soon. We're getting into radio, starting a twitter and a lot of other great things. 

Once this is all done, we'll be moving our work on-world and setting up the more business-end of things. 

So, what exactly can you expect in the next month? 


I'll be spending the rest of this week and this weekend finishing up setting up all of our connections
By the time I'm done, I want to be announcing new blog posts on the Facebook page, Entropia Facebook pages, the PCF forums and Twitter. Once I have this process down, I'll be moving on to finishing up some current negotiations and setting up some early partnerships. 

After all that's done, I can sit back and start flying on some real, informative posts and on in-world events. I'll be doing a lot of giveaways, get-together's and events to start, and that's the part that I hope to be well into by the time October rolls around. I'm really excited to get to this point, as I really want to get back on world as frequently as I can. 

I will be doing a lot of research starting this weekend for my next several posts. I want to begin putting up content that is meaningful to the player base. For those reading my blog for the first time, I will also be making a page that lists out these posts for easy access. I am really beginning to get a lot of content on this page, and I don't want to get the important stuff lost in the mass. 

As for these Observations I mentioned....


Although I'm hesitant to be prematurely optimistic,
It's worth mentioning that the economy seems as though it's been steadily improving. I'm really excited to see this, of course. Although I have no factual evidence to support my observations (yet) my time spent on world has been encouraging. I see a lot of buying and selling and a lot of yellow suits, and that's good news for us all. 

I hope that my research matches up with this observation - and based on this, I have a strong feeling that my next several posts will focus on player retention and game mechanics rather than strictly on the economy. I have always believed that the economy and the mechanics of the game are deeply linked, but I've beaten that horse dead ages ago. For my next couple posts, I want to focus on exactly WHY they're linked, and what we can do to make that link work for us. 

I hope this gives everyone following my blog a better sense of where we're at. I will (from now on) do my best to post updates like this one every Wednesday, and more informative posts on Sunday. That's my plan, and I'm stickin' to it. 

Until next time everyone, 
Good Luck Out There. 

-Faucon ioji VanAlkel




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment to be entered into my raffle. You could win a space-ready Sleipnir and 20k of Sweat!