2015-09-29 Latest News: The Revival and You


 Photo Credit found here

Hello everyone!
As promised, I am going to begin posting updates on the Revival Project every Wednesday from here on out. I have to be honest, I've been tempted to release this post early because of everything that's been going on, but I am trying very hard not to burn myself out. I constantly have to remind myself to keep a good, steady pace - but, I suppose there are worse problems to have.

Anyway, I have a lot of good news for everyone.

The Entropia Revival Project has been working hard on a lot of fronts. We have been developing a strong social media presence, an active on-world society, securing some major partnerships and starting to put the framework in place for bigger things - and I'm happy to say that we've made headway on every front. So for this blog, I'm to go over each of our current project, give you guys a status update, and then wrap it up with some information on where all of these projects are taking us.
Sound good? Good. Let's do this.

Social Media, Communication and Reception


As you all probably know by now, we have re-opened our Facebook page, and I have created a personal Facebook page which I'm using to network with people in the EU groups on Facebook. The page has already received 13 likes, and this really excites me, as every like we get on that page is one more person following us closely. I plan to start adding a lot of pictures there soon, and posting to it very frequently. My goal here is to have 25 Likes by the end of October, but I'm shooting for 50.

We've been back in the swing of posting regularly, and we have the new posting regiment which I'm doing my  best to stick to. Our last blog post has received over 200 hits and I couldn't be more grateful for this. The responses I've been getting on Facebook and here have been outstanding. I have a lot more content lined up - so I hope this is only going to get more and more exceptional as time goes on.

We've also gotten back on the forums and have been working on staying very active there. Planet Calypso forums is one of the last havens for good information about Calypso, and until we can begin working on other pages, we're focused on giving PCF some added life.

Of course, it hasn't all been good. As the Project is getting bigger, it's beginning to put pressure on a lot of the traders in game, and to this end, I'm finally beginning to feel some push back as traders rebel against the idea of buying higher. To these people, I only have to say: look at the long term investment - and I'll be posting more about how it helps us all very soon. 

All in all, I'm overjoyed by what's been accomplished here so far. The only way to go now is up.


The Entropia Revival Project Society


As you may or may not have seen by now, we have started a Society on-world to help keep our efforts focused there. As of right now, my primary goal is to recruit newer players and keep them playing the game, while working with veterans to give them the resources they need to succeed.

In order to meet these goals, we have done the following:
  • Opened up a public custom channel called #revivalproject where vets can work with newer players to help them get off the ground. 
  • started a recruiting initiative to help with new players and also with the Society. I am paying out 10 PED to any society member who recruits a new member - and this payout, at this time, has no ceiling.
  • Bought up an apartment at Medusa which we are converting into our "Home Base" and Society shop. 
  • created a series of rules and regulations for the Society which will be posted here in the next day or so. 
  • Created a series of small emails to new society members to help them get started. 
All this is geared towards making the Society successful for everyone involved.

And boy has it paid off. 

Since we started working on it, the society has nearly tripled in size, and the activity on world has gone through the roof. I've already had to begin thinking about getting some hunting and mining runs together, and starting to do events (all of which I'm thinking about much sooner than I expected to be), but that's nothing but a good thing.

I'm also happy to say that we have begun to put together a great team of people working hard on the society daily. Yesterday we had our first promotion. "Hearts" was moved up to Dept. Manager within the Entropia Revival Project. It's a symbol for all of us of our progress - and so many of our other members are working hard to make us succeed. It's a representation of how dedicated people can become when you stand behind them and give them an opportunity to succeed.

We have a great start here - and I'm sure this will continue.

Partnerships


I'm always looking for new ways to grow the society, and I got the idea a few months ago to become a DJ and start a radio station for Entropia.
In my real world life, I was a touring jazz percussionist for a few years. Although my music days are behind me now for the most part, I still have a strong passion for good quality music.

So, I'm proud to announce that the Entropia Revival Project will now have a show on Atlas Haven Radio.

For those of you unfamiliar with AHR, it is an Entropia-based internet radio that plays some awesome music. It's been around for ages, and they're really pushing for a comeback right now - which I hope that I can help provide.

I'm working on a few more partnerships that I hope will really give us the boost we need. The more we do to get the name out there, the more successful we will become.

Overview


So, I've updated you on everything we've been up to. But what does this mean for the Project itself? How will all of this convert into "money moved"?

Well, here's the basic idea right now.

As we put out more relevant and interesting blog posts and our following continues to increase, I want to start bringing you, my readers, information on quality Societies, services and shops on-world. I plan to charge a small fee for this service that will be 100% re-invested into running the project.

We are also making moves towards shop ownership and more - so we will be starting to really make a push towards that goal with the money we begin bringing in from advertisement and on-world activities. Additionally,we plan to start a kickstarter soon that will help fund the initial push for shop ownership. More on that will be on the way soon.

That's all for this week!

This Sunday, I will be focusing on a key issue in our blog: The role that speculation plays on our economy. I've already started writing it and I am really looking forward to getting this out there, as I think it is a nice continuation of the "PED Flow" conversation started last week.

Looking forward to seeing you all on world!
Good Luck Out There,
-Faucon

5 comments:

  1. Love your ideas! I've also sent you a message in-game, as well as applying to your society. I'm new to the game, but I'd love to be part of this action. Hope to meet you soon in Entropia!

    LingHooTzon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faucon ioji VanAlkelOctober 4, 2015 at 1:32 PM

      Welcome to the team Ling!

      Delete
  2. Jack Moderator AcerOctober 3, 2015 at 8:34 AM

    Welcome Ling!

    As a LA native I'm really looking forward to a good jazz station for some easy listening on the side. I don't know what the rules are for AHR, but when I played Eve Online one of my favorite reasons for listening to their New Eden radio was the lotteries that the DJ's would sponsor. Maybe once listeners get to a certain point, we could start running some on air lotteries of our own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faucon ioji VanAlkelOctober 4, 2015 at 1:32 PM

      I have actually had that on my mind for quite some time. I want to do a lottery of some kind and link it with an on-world event, like a party of some kind.

      Delete
  3. Hi for the shop soc you buy item at member and if yes there is a list of price?

    ReplyDelete

Comment to be entered into my raffle. You could win a space-ready Sleipnir and 20k of Sweat!