Project: Entropia Revival




I have been out of the game for a while now.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name (within Entropia of course) is Faucon Ioji VanAlkel. I am a player that started in Entropia Universe some time ago – I joined, from what I understand, shortly after the VU10 release that really made the game what it is today. At this time, there was only one planet (Calypso), and Port Atlantis was just recently constructed.

I loved Entropia then, mostly because of its social aspects. Back then, the world was full of people who looked out for new players and people who talked to each other for fun, and not out of necessity.

Having recently rejoined the game just last week, I can see clearly that this is no longer the reality.


We as a collective have lost that feeling of camaraderie, as older players have moved on and newer players have started on new worlds, far away from veterans. Radio Stations of Entropia (run by players) have peaked and died. Places where massive parties once were staged stand empty and collecting virtual dust and to top it off, the remaining regular players hang out in an area far away from the cities, or in cities difficult for new players to reach.
Can we not get this back? Have we forgotten how meaningful Entropia can be? How much enjoyment we get out of it?

We can get it back, and I intend to do just that.

This blog, Known as Entropia Revival, will act a springboard from which I will be launching a campaign to change some things in Entropia for the better. I won’t give away many details right away, but know that I will be in world frequently, looking to make a change based on the popular opinion. Although not everyone will see the same problem I do, I believe that I have my finger on the pulse of the Entropian community. from what I can tall, that very pulse is beginning to slow down.
Let's inject some adrenaline into it.
I want Entropia back – the Entropia we know and love. Who’s with me?

5 comments:

  1. I find myself depressed by the people in this game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel that way :) we got some badass people in here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've been on since before vu10 and must say that I think you got a point. I really miss a good hangaround place. Everybody just runs around. Good luck with your crusade.
    Niklas(nicke)astroem
    My ingame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faucon Ioji VanAlkelFebruary 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM

      Thank you Niklas. The party right now is at Camp Icarus. I think we might (already) be beginning to outgrow that place, but for now, thats the hangout :) Stop by and see me on-world sometime!

      Delete
    2. Here's a crazy idea... Rename Port Atlantis to Aegis mound... Why? because Aegis mound is the top of the TP list (excluding the Big OLA) and because humans are basically lazy when they want to TP to a location that has all terminals and an auctioneer closely grouped together they just click on what's at the top of the TP list, I know I do and whenever I arrive at Aegis Mound there are always lots of green dots.

      This is another small change that Calypso can do to help revive Port Atlantis.

      Thanks, Quaeroveritas

      Delete

Comment to be entered into my raffle. You could win a space-ready Sleipnir and 20k of Sweat!