For today’s post, I thought it would be a good idea to take
a step back from examining the universe around us (and subsequently, MindArk’s
management of it) and take a look at the community around us and celebrate what we have in Entropia Universe.
Over the past few days, it seems clear to me that our community has made
little leaps and bounds in the process of coming together even compared to just a few a short weeks ago, and for that I am very grateful.
Why do I say this? Well, for starters I had a blast the other day milling around
Camp Icarus with a bunch of our recent regulars there.
What started as me just dropping a campfire for the hang to dance around turned into an
all-out rave. Although the campfire was eventually stolen (though it did last
quite some time and for that I was impressed) the theft of the campfire
actually sparked a massive dance party. Mindforce was dropped on the ground to
make a dance floor, music was played, and we even ended up getting hooked up with a live broadcast on twitch.tv. We ultimately ended up dancing through several Calypsian nights.
I had a lot of very positive feedback, with several players
reporting to me personally that they hadn’t had this much fun in a long, long
time on the game. I was proud to help make that happen.
You can see the progression of our day below, and this rave
has sparked a series of individuals interested in helping me throw events
similar to this one. I’m excited to make these happen and looking forward to
working with everyone soon.
This revival is really getting on its feet and I couldn’t be
more stoked about it.
Special thanks goes out to stonedninja, darealist and Tabby
Star for being among the first to dance with us and being regulars at the camp.
Further thanks goes out to Eyvind Volimorta Morgath for broadcasting us on
twitch and triggers for being an impromptu DJ. You all rock, and everyone who
came out for our first (albeit spur-of-the-moment) event. If I missed anyone on
the credits shoot me an email and I’ll happily amend the list ;)
below is a series of screenshots from Stonedninja - thanks again for the pictures man!
below is a series of screenshots from Stonedninja - thanks again for the pictures man!
and finally, a video of the rave, courtesy of Traci TraceSearcher!
Although I cant seem to get it to embed, the video can be found here.
Good luck everyone, and I’ll see you all on-world,
-Faucon Ioji VanAlkel


I was only there for a few minutes then had to leave. There right now though and I see it's starting :)
ReplyDelete- Unondel
Thanks for being a part of everything! we're having a major party on 16th - time, date and some contests will be formally announced on this blog (and in other places) on the 7th, so subscribe to this blog by email and keep an eye out. Hint: we'll be giving away some vehicles :)
DeleteYou might have to delete me from every photo and video with photoshop or something if you really want to make me dissapear from the event... I was there when only stonedninja and Tabby Star where there dancing with me, you can also ask HollyShiaet who was the 5th one to come to the circle, and who was also a dj part of the night and you didn't mention him either. Good luck "event planner"! keep deleting my messages too so your post seems like everyone is happy with you saying you organized this... but it won't help everybody knows...
ReplyDeleteTechFairy,
DeleteIf you want credit for being one of the first people there, just say so. I'm sorry that you feel that you started this event - and I deleted your one previous post because I felt that it was worded in such a way that was not conducive to growing the community that we're trying quite hard to rebuild. I didn't want to have to do that but when belligerent comments come through on a blog revolves around making a positive player experience, it is a step in the wrong direction.
I want to once again, clarify a few things to you.
1.) The rave that occurred in Camp Icarus was done through impromptu collaboration with StonedNinja and darealist, in combination with a few other regulars there. Here is a brief timeline of events:
-A fire was placed a (real life) day before the rave that started a dance party. This, along with two other fires were stolen that day. I was intentionally having fires to generate interest in a dance party. During this time, I was also focusing on drumming up support for the blog.
-The day of the rave, a fire was placed and dancing began. this fire was stolen but people continued to dance, such as tabby and darealist. At this point you came along, while there was no fire.
-I placed another fire, which was once again stolen. I then proceeded to create a mindforce dance floor, whilist dareal organized some music and everyone began to get in on the party.
-a rave ensued.
TechFairy, Entropia revival is about bringing the community together. I'm sorry that you seem to have an issue with the way our party went down, but I ask you to remember that we are trying to build a community; not divide one. Thank you again for being one of the first dancers and helping to create what was an awesome night.
We're going to be holding a major party on the 16th that will be officially announced on the 7th here on Entropia Revival. We'll be giving away a lot of prizes and we're shooting for a major turnout. I would be honored if you would attend that party and be a part of what we're building.
If you have any other concerns, I ask that you shoot me an email at entropiarevial@gmail.com or just contact me in-world. Again, please understand that we are working on building a community here; I would hope that, as a part of the community your priorities will lie first with this task, and secondly with the clarification of credit. I'm sure we can work out how to appropriately word your involvement in the party.
Thank you again, and good luck out there!
-Faucon Ioji VanAlkel
Its not just me Faucon, you did not mention HollyShiaet either (and both of us where there when we where just 3-5 people before it all started), my intentions are not to divide nor to have the credit of starting it, but I sure know you did not start this one, you maybe amplified it with some stuff you placed there like the mind essence, and if someone started it then it was Star and Stoneninja and then me and Hollyshiaet, and then the rest, people who know me in game know what kind of person I am... so don't try to make me look like a bad person.... Thanks anyway and good luck. I'm not talking anymore about this btw, so you can worry no more. As I said Good luck! I wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteI certainly don't have a perfect memory on everyone there and I will be sure to include you both. Though, I humbly ask you to review the above timeline before making broad-spectrum assumptions with regards to the events.
DeleteAgain, I appreciate you making sure I got the facts straight. its good to have someone concerned with the community. :)
As stated before, any other concerns should be directed to entropiarevival@gmail.com for the privacy of others - if I've forgotten anyone I always like to ask permission before listing their names and I ask that you please provide the same level of respect. I broadly asked during the rave and wrote down some names but neither yours or Holly's was on the list. I apologize if I simply missed you. Unfortunately, I must say that further comments on the issue are subject to moderation and redirection to a private correspondence.
Good luck,
Faucon Ioji VanAlkel
I would like to further add that I am in now way attempting to make you look like a bad person. I am only ensuring that you aren't confused as I would like to avoid anyone being unhappy with our community events. As I said, our community is important and I want nothing more to strengthen it. IN that process, when I see comments such as yours I make it a priority to ensure everyone is on the same page. If you were made to feel as though you're a bad person I sincerely apologize. As I said before, I would be honored to have you join us at the upcoming party. :)
DeleteFaucon Ioji vanAlkel